Refund Policy for Home & Business Accounts*
Early Termination (for Business Accounts)
Annual customers who cancel their annual accounts before 1 year will lose the annual discount and will be billed at the equivalent monthly rate plus 10% for the time that the account is used. The customer will be billed for any amounts due or credited.
Refund Policy (for Home Accounts)
Please review the refund policy carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at BACKmeUP. Your placement of an order with BACKmeUP constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order.
- All fees and renewal fees are due on or before the due date of account renewal or purchase.
- Please provide complete and accurate signup information. Incomplete, incorrect or questionable signup information may result in an account NOT being activated.
- By purchasing BACKmeUP services, you are agreeing to allow BACKmeUP to place your account on a recurring payment plan. The account will automatically be re-billed according to the terms of the plan you select.
- You grant BACKmeUP permission to charge your credit card or charge for any and all legitimate services you request and any renewals thereof.
- If BACKmeUP is unable to process a payment for your plan by its due date, BACKmeUP may be compelled to immediately, and without notice, suspend your account by disabling service features in whole or in part. Any such unfortunate suspension will continue until payment is successfully processed. Furthermore, in the unlikely event your account has been placed in suspended status for non-payment, BACKmeUP may permanently disable service features and terminate your account on written notice of thirty (30) days. For clarification, BACKmeUP may issue such notice by sending an e-mail message to the registered e-mail address associated with your account.
- If an account has been suspended for non-payment, it will only be reactivated upon payment of all overdue fees.
- If you do not wish to continue services with BACKmeUP, or do not wish to renew your account, please ensure that you cancel your account prior to your renewal date to avoid further charges.
- Please note that you have ninety (60) days to dispute any charge or payment processed by BACKmeUP. If you have a question concerning a charge you believe is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund is done ONLY in the case of a genuine problem with BACKmeUP software. If there is no specific and tangible problem with the software, you may not be entitled for a refund.
- For a refund request, please submit a support ticket through BACKmeUP Support at http://bkmeup.com/support/. Any refund request without a valid support ticket will not be eligible for processing.
- For any refund request through http://bkmeup.com/support/, please let the support team do a remote session to fix the support issue. If the remote session is not agreed, BACKmeUP may reject your refund request.
- If support fixes all outstanding (specific and tangible) problems, then you are not entitled to a refund.
- If you allow BACKmeUP to provide support and in the unlikely event we are unable to fix the problem, then you are entitled to a FULL refund.
- Please raise any refund request within 30 days of buying the license. Any refund request raised after first 30 days, will not qualify for a refund.
- Please note that all the refund requests take minimum 7 days to 10 days for processing.
- Please verify the system requirements to run BACKmeUP from http://www.bkmeup.com/software before purchase. If you have any doubt, please contact us at http://bkmeup.com/support before purchase of license. After purchase of license, any refund request for non-compliant system will not be addressed.
Ordering a software license signifies your acceptance of this Refund Policy.
Service Level Agreement
BACKmeUP shall provide its service with at least ninety-nine point nine percent (99.9%) Uptime. “Uptime” for a Calendar month shall is calculated in accordance with the following formula:
Uptime = (Total minutes per calendar month) minus (Total minutes Downtime per calendar month) divided by (Total minutes per calendar month)
“Downtime” is defined as the inability for BACKmeUP’s systems to deliver the Back-up Service for an amount of time exceeding five (5) minutes and ends when the service is substantially restored or a workaround is identified and implemented. Downtime shall not include any period of unavailability due to either
1. Scheduled maintenance and/or upgrades which requires BACKmeUP to perform maintenance on any redundant environments contemporaneously or
2. The failure or substantial failure of the Internet and/or any other force majeure event (including without limitation acts of God, terrorism, natural disaster, war, riots, and labor strife) or
3. Any act or omission on the part of the customer whose effect disables the ecommerce website (for example failing to maintain CTCs) and
4. Failure of the customers equipment or web connection.
Customer must notify BACKmeUP of a claim under the Service Level Agreement within five (5) days of the incident by completing a support ticket.
For each event, BACKmeUP will grant a 3 day extension of service at no charge.
In order to assist customers, customers experiencing problems must contact BACKmeUP support and provide adequate information in order to allow reproducing the issue.